View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyerfr View Post
- if I purchase a book in Mobi format (or any other not supported by the Sony device), what kind of experience would I have porting the book over to one that Sony does support? For example, would I download to my computer, then port the book, then load onto device? Or some other method? Is it a 10 minute process? Longer? What software is good for this? Is there a potential for formatting issues or other things that I need to be aware of that would negatively impact my enjoyment of the book once it is ported?
As far as I know, there's no way to get a book out of mobi at all. Probably the best format choice for what you're asking about would be .LIT (microsoft reader format). With a non-DRMed .LIT file, you can pretty much drop it into any of three or four apps found on this site and get an LRF out of it in a few minutes without much finagling at all. Then it's just load and go. So 10 minutes of mostly waiting on the computer to do stuff is probably a rather long estimate ... more like 5~7, I'd guess. Unless you want to do fancy stuff like Tables of Contents and illustrations. Stuff like that can take hours to set up.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote