View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #1
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Calibre sets my reader to R/O

I've got a Sibrary G5, which Linux (I'm running Ubuntu 10.10) automounts (in my case at mountpoints /media/disk-1/ for the card and /media/BOOX Internal Memory for the internal memory). Using Dolphin (Ubuntu's file manager) or a command line I can copy files to the reader, rename, delete, the works, until I run Calibre. Calibre loads, detects the reader as a Boox, and then about thirty seconds later I get "Error communicating with device", and the following details:

Code:
(30, 'Read-only file system')

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 68, in run
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 288, in _books
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 164, in books
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 303, in sync_booklists
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 301, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: u'/media/disk-1/.metadata.calibre'
And sure enough, I go back to Dolphin or the command line and I can no longer write to either the card or internal memory; they're both R/O. If I close out of Calibre, eject and then reconnect the reader, it's back to R/W as long as I don't run Calibre. As soon as I do, it's R/O again.

Any guesses?

--Nathanael
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote