View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I'm a bit confused, in almost all css codes I've looked at you it seems like you're supposed to end properties with a colon, but on this one code you end with a period?
Property name and value must be separated by a colon (consider it like a = sign). After the value, a semicolon is needed; it is optional just before the closing brace, but it's safest to always add it.

Quote:
And is

body {margin-left:0;
margin-right:0;
margin-top:0;
margin_bottom.0;}

more correct than

p {margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt; padding: 0pt;
text-indent: 15pt;}
0 and 0pt are the same, when the value is 0 you don't need to specify the units. body and p are different elements (p is inside body), so modifying them can give different results. You probably want both things, I'd use:

Code:
body { margin: 0; }
p { margin: 0; padding: 0; text-indent: (whatever); }
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote