View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #36
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbyroza View Post
After reading all the advice here, which was really appreciated, I ordered the Kindle DX. It arrived today and judging from the first tests everything looks fine. PDF's are easy to read in the 'fit to page'-mode, contrast is high enough, even in bright sunlight. Transferring form my Macbook is a piece of cake, and also the 3G-wireless capability for downloading books is a clear plus.

So this is what I was looking for to replace my iPad for reading in bright lighting circumstances. I'm happy with this reader, unless some disadvantage would come up in the days ahead, with more intensive use… Then I'll let you guys know!

Yes, this is a good eInk reader for most PDFs. I have a number of PDF files (and an Ipad Air), and I much prefer the Kindle when the lighting situation warrants.

However, I actually like to use this reading mobi files (or converted epubs) during the daytime, when the lighting situation is not an issue.

At night, I couldn't live without my Kindle PW2.

The two complement one another.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote