View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #36
CTurner
Enthusiast
CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Quote:
I still say that the writer and the reader can't really be separated. I doubt any writer writes a book and then remarks "who are these people who read my work? I don't know them."
In reference to what I posted earlier,

Quote:
I'd have to say, when it comes to writing longer pieces, I always go with writing that interests/inspires me the most. After it's done, I sit down and ask myself: well, who is going to read this? And another: who is going to enjoy it?
I should clarify what I meant here, and it is closer to what Nancy has touched on above:

If it's a children's story with fairy elves and Mother Milgrim that I've written, then I'm not going to try to pitch it to a hardcore sword and sorcery group of readers looking for half-clothed barbarians wielding bloody poleaxes; likewise if it's YA, it may not jive with an older crowd, nor would a literary fiction type novel appeal to a YA audience typically. So, I take a good close look at the writing and ask myself, who does it apply to? Where would be the best place to try and get some interest for it? (thinking in terms of using Twitter, FB, book blogging platforms, etc)
CTurner is offline   Reply With Quote