View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #15
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
He's telling you to change the code in the book body, in the HTML, not in the toc.ncx. Sigil will generate the toc.ncx entries for you, using the "title" attribute instead of the content between the header tags.
Yes, I know he's doing that. However, there are various reasons why I want to do it in the TOC.ncx.

First off, I only need to change the case of words in the TOC.ncx, so I don't see the need to alter other files. I want to make as few changes as possible in the html files. That way if anything goes wrong, it's easier to identify the problem and correct it if it's limited to just the one toc.ncx file rather than having to examine and sift through potentially hundreds of pages in html files.

Second, going forward, there could be literally dozens of permutations in the variety of the tags surrounding a title in the html files. That would mean the exact formula might have to change every time, depending on what the set of tags was. I would have a hard time adjusting that formula every time.

However, the "<text>WORDS GO HERE</text>" tag construction in the TOC.ncx file is the same all the time. So one formula should solve the problem, every time no matter what.

Ducks got me halfway there. I can change all-caps titles into initial-caps words in the TOC, but it doesn't work for all the words in a title -- just the first and last!
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote