View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrprj View Post
All,

I just recently loaded all my books, manuals and PDF files into Calibre.

Unfortunatelly, after I finished, I realized that the Author Name is indexed as

Last name, First name
I would like to do two things.
1) Change all 340 entries to be indexed as First Name + Last Name
2) Setup the system so that future books will be imported correctly.
How can I do that?
Thanks for any hint.
I just went through the same problem (for a lot more books.)

I wrote some batch files that did step 1 and wrote a thread asking about 2. If you run Windows and know SED I could give you my files, but it would probably be easier for you to do what I ultimately did and delete your books, rename them to Firstname Lastname and reimport them.

Briefly, the batch files export the metadata in opf form using calibredb, use SED to fix the names and then reimport them.

See this thread for some tools for importing and preprocess file renaming.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote