View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #11
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The difference is that you can rapidly screen through a long list of items on an LCD screen; you can't do that on an eInk screen with its slow refresh. On my iPod, selecting "Albums" and then scrolling through a list of 1000 albums isn't a problem. On an eInk screen it just wouldn't work.
Is this een reaction on me?

I have about 300 books on my Cybook aprox 40 Authors, 5 Genres and 2 languages. Scrolling through all of them is bad, even now they are organised in directories by Author. I cant 'skip' anything. If I want something from Zindell it will take some time when I start with Adams. Worst case I'll have to pus 60 times on a button (5 books on a screen, 10 won't help because then I'll have to push twice to go to the next screen)

With decent tag handeling you can home in very fast on the correct item.

You only 'see' a few of them at any time.

First level: Genre,Author,Language,Title (You won't select the last one, that is the complete list)
Lets say I want to read something 'light' while traveling by train.
I select Genre. I only see the 5 (or perhaps 10) Genres I have.
I select Humor and I see only the 3 Authors left, perhaps even one I hadn't thought about
Pick an author and perhaps there are 2-5 titles of him, but thats all

Of course you can choose any other path like: I want to read a Dutch book this time, select Dutch and look what is available. Pick any of the 3 Authors and select a book.

Or you can say I know the Author. Make the selection, and you see: Genre, Language, Title and you can make your pick here.

On the average you have to go through 3 levels and choose from 10 items.

Last edited by Ortep; 10-21-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote