View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 04:31 AM   #40
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
The screen looks really good...but did you notice...the grey-tones take a lot longer to appear than the black and white parts of the display.

Watch closedly and you can see that the image is "built" in two steps...or am I imagining things?

I'd like to know whether the Iliad survived the fall...I think the woman actually dropped it...

call me paranoid...but..can it be that the toochscreen on the device the guy in the vid has does not work?

When he shows the newspaper main page and then shows how you zoom in on an individual article...he taps the screen and then moves the "page-bar" with his thumb...looks like cheating to me...

I really hope they'll manage to make their device "real" soon...because I WANT ONE!!! (if it has a usable screen-protection that is...i hate scratched screens, and I'm planning on taking the device with me just like a book...so it'll have to be able to take some close-quarters backpack action...I hope this "lack of feature" does not force me to make do with on of the "less geeky" reader devices like the Hanlin...although....maybe that wouldn't be so bad...

yeah...I know I'm crazy...

Last edited by CommanderROR; 03-20-2006 at 08:17 AM.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote