View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #43
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
There still needs to be a story, not just a collection of well-crafted sentences and paragraphs.
but the guy I was quoting said readers were after "great" stories. I replied that a skilful narrator makes any trivial story great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
Aren't the emperor's new clothes fantastic?
yes, amusing little story with simple narrative for teaching kids a straightforward moral lesson.

The conclusion here -- like in most fables intended for education -- is the selling point, not the story or narration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Most books I read, you are pretty sure the good guys will prevail and often enough who the bad guys are. The value for me is usually not in the jouney from Point A to Point B, but the points of interest along the way.
have you ever read any poetry at all?
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote