View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #41
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
me too. I love language sculptors like poets. Hate cheap elven-laden fantasy in distant worlds that feel just like ours, except a bit more gay.

To me, that's the difference between high literature classics and in-your-face-best-sellers: the high skilled mastery of language. I'm not talking about abusing baroque constructs or being too dense, just about giving the language the proper art treatment.

In the hands of a skilled story teller, any trivial story is great.
Aren't the emperor's new clothes fantastic?
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote