View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #110
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chang View Post
All the style names in CSS file are just p1, p2 and so on. Is there a way to get the original paragraph style names into CSS file when exporting as an epub? I have styled the whole text with different describing paragraph style names and it would be nice if the same names are used in CSS file. Would be easier to edit style "bodytype" instead of first finding which p# corresponds to my "bodytype" style.
Sorry, but this would not possible. Atlantis does not save the stylesheet of the source document to EPUB. It saves the actual paragraph formatting used in the document. Your entire document might be associated with the same "Normal" style, but each paragraph can have its "personal" paragraph formatting applied through direct formatting commands.

Quote:
Does Atlantis support character styles? All the italics and bolds are made with <i></i> and <b></b> tags but it would be nice to have more control in that. For example, if I want to have italic text inside a paragraph with 3 different font sizes. Would be easy to control them with different character styles.
The <b> and <i> elements are allowed in EPUB XHTMLs. Atlantis uses them in EPUB XHTMLs because they allow to produce more compact XHTMLs.

The present version of Atlantis does not support character styles (if you mean the character styles as found in MS Word). But you do not need to have them in your source document in order to control the look of the final EPUB. Just format your document visually in the desired way. Atlantis will transfer the formatting to the EPUB in the best possible way. If you want to have italic text inside a paragraph with 3 different font sizes, just format the paragraph in your source document correspondingly (use the commands of Atlantis to apply "italic" and "font size" to the required fragments of your document).

Quote:
Also, the epub file is shown differently in ADE and Azardi. I didn't try in any ebook reader device yet but is it Atlantis' problem or reading systems' problem?
Sorry, I cannot comment on the EPUB display in Azardi. You could test your EPUBs in major EPUB readers (Sony Reader, Mobipocket Reader, etc). Any proper EPUB file should also pass the EPUB validation test.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote