View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Did he manage to restrain inserting his politics into this one?
Zombies bad.
Lucid good.
As of volume 2, that's the extent of the editorializing, aside from a dig at conspiracy theorists of all stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My primary objection to Ringo isn't so much his politics, but the overt racism in many of his books. Of course one shouldn't fall into the trap of mistaking the views expressed by fictional characters as being representative of the views of their author, but nonetheless I find it distasteful to read.
I am hardly an expert on Ringo but I don't recall any instance of racial prejudice.
I do remember him spoofing islamist terrorists in the early PALADIN OF SHADOWS volumes but those are equal opportunity offenders. He rips every race, one way or another. Well, except for lost tribes of Georgian mountain folk.

Check the Kindle samples, they really are representative of the tone.

Last edited by fjtorres; 01-26-2014 at 06:52 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote