View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #68
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I agree 100% on the page headers; a gorgeous hi-res screen and they waste so much of it...

What don't you like about kepubs? I don't like the 'pages per chapter' footer all that much, but the ACCESS kepub reader handles foot/endnotes far better than ADE does, and as I read a lot of non-fiction that makes extensive use of them, that's very important to me.
I really don't like the lack of page numbers. I must glance at them frequently as I am slightly irritated all through the book. Percentage would be okay if it showed percentage of x pages. Why not show both or give a choice. The header doesn't bother me, although I think it unnecessary. If I really can't remember what I am reading then I can go to the home page or turn of reader to look at cover.

I find no added value to kepubs to make up for the constant minor irritation of not knowing what page I am on. In my world books should have page numbers

The reading stats were interesting enough except that with the slow shelf opening and poor sorting it is easy open an already read book twice and this can skew them a bit, making them inaccurate.

Not a big deal as I just won't read kepubs or update the firmware. Buggy or not the Aura is good enough to read when the power goes out, which is the main reason I got it.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote