View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Hmmmm...
Worth considering.
But I've got exactly the same apps on Nexus 7 as on other Android tablets.
On some other tablets I have additional apps, due to the lack of expansion on Nexus 7.
But I haven't got a single app on Nexus 7, which I don't have on at least 5 other Android tablets.
But in general, there seem to be significant differences between the numerous Android tablets re. speed.
Scrolling through the list of installed apps in settings seems to stress performance on some tablets.
On some, you have the icons and the details in an instant.
On some, you can't even scroll fluently.
Nexus 7, at least my unit, is of the latter variety.
Not all apps act the same on all devices. I've learned that the hard way. So check your apps. I have an app called: Happily Ever After. It's a Romance Blog for USA Today. It works fine on two of my devices but go nuts on my third one.

I've also had an app go bad suddenly. Removing it, restarting then reinstalling fix it. Every device is different. It could be you Nexus 7 is defective but I'd try a factory reset before drawing that conclusion.

As for cleaning out caches. I use History Eraser Pro for that. I don't know if it works for Ice Cream but there is a free ad supported version. I try to keep ad supported apps off my devices if I can.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote