View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
Smarter
Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 3 with 3G, UK version
Quote:
do you consider using the Qt platform for that?
I'd love to, since I'm a KDE developer, I'm just worried about the memory and CPU usage, I'll try fbkindle to see how it holds up.
Edit: Wow, the fbkindle source package is a real mess, I managed to find the actual source of the Qt plugins here: http://www2.griffin.net/kindleqt/ I'll try to play with that .
Quote:
When you put the Kindle to sleep does the mplayer process is put to "sleep" as well?
Yup; the system isn't really stopped when the Kindle is in sleep mode(either in the sleep mode with the screensaver or the one without), so if mplayer is running it will continue to do so(and you'll still hear music). To prevent that, use the stop shortcut "Shift, M, S" which also quit mplayer. I guess I should add a warning about that.

Last edited by Smarter; 02-06-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Smarter is offline   Reply With Quote