View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #15
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Wow, that's quite a drain for LED lights...I would have expected a lot longer battery life. But if it's doing a good job perhaps invest in a couple sets of Eneloop AAA batteries (sets 4 or even 8 on Amazon at a decent price with a charger) with a charger because that is a ton of cost/yr at 6-batteries in just 35-days. With the Eneloops you can always have at least on fresh pair ready to go and with 8 (4 prs) you get a nice rotation of sets. Eneloops don't really lose charge sitting on the shelf for a good 9-12 months...other NiMH batteries are not so good at holding their charge. There are also new Zinc batteries I haven't read up on too much yet.
I'm using a 12 pack of AAAs that I picked up for a dollar store light I bought and tossed when the clip disintegrated, so I've still got 3 pr left. I can afford 50 cents a month.

That might also be why they drain faster than you expected. There are 3 LED light bulbs those two AAAs are powering.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote