View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #15
oddvision
oddvision began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Nope, I'm using a JavoEdge cover - no hooks, the kindle just slides into a leather case that has openings around the edges for the page tabs and on the bottom for the usb cable/ power switch, etc.

I *think* it did a full re-boot - but it didn't seem to take as long I would have expected for having 300 books, so maybe I should try that again and hold it longer.

Yep. I purchased this in mobipocket format from Baen. I've got about 40 books from them (both purchased and from their free library), and I haven't had any problems with these files up until now. When I downloaded the file from Baen, I put it into a folder I created on my computer to back-up the books I got from them (before I heard about Calibre), and then I copied the file from my ebooks folder to the documents folder on the Kindle using a right-click copy/ paste in Windows Explorer with both folders open. I've transferred all of my files from Baen that way up until now and hadn't had a problem. Oh, and I was about 90 pages into the book before I got distracted and went to the Amazon storefront on my Kindle to buy a couple of other books so the file worked originally.

Right now I can see all of the files both through Calibre and through Windows, but the Kindle itself doesn't seem to do anything - I can scroll through the collections and look at my books, but I can't open anything.
oddvision is offline   Reply With Quote