View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:07 AM   #27
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
The more generic form:
Code:
p{
   text-indent: 0em;
}

p+p {
   text-indent: 1.5em;
}
would work for all of these cases, provided that section break markers (whatever they are, fleurons, asterisks, nonbreakable spaces) are enclosed in <div> block.
I like this from an economy of coding point of view, but I don't write like this because it doesn't express my mental model.

That is, I think of the indentation as being:

Paragraphs in general are indented by XXX space on the first line, except for the first paragraph in a section, which is not indented.

I don't really think of it as being:

Paragraphs are not indented, unless they follow another paragraph.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote