Thread: PRS-T3 Sony PRS-T3
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNI View Post
I believe that concierge just gave you a "go away and don't bother me" answer. It makes absolutely no sense - Sony is NOT going to maintain two different production lines, one for the USA and perhaps certain other markets, and another with the updated reader for the rest of the world.

What Sony *is* doing it optimizing sales in markets where they are better received than in the States. And who could blame them? The US magazines and fan boys all dismiss Sony for not having the latest "cool" fad feature that most people will not use once they try it. In the mean time they are using the small USA market to sell off remaining PRS T-2 inventory.

Personally I love my T-1. I loved my PRS-650 and my PRS-505. It does exactly what I want. Calibre is the perfect companion. The Sony readers are reliable and give me a great reading experience. Who could ask for more?

Cheers

KNI
I can't see your point. Not saying it is wrong mind you, but why would they care if the reader is better received. The USA is still a much bigger market than Canada with 1234 million as opposed to 25 million people. (I am Canadian and live in Canada BTW)

I can't think of a better reason than yours though.
Possiblities:
Not enough stock.
Trying some sort of reverse psychology thing to make people demand Sony
Have a much better product in development/production which they will release soon.

Those ideas seem pretty lame though.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote