View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #9
Lloyd Tackitt
Lloyd
Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
When I get mine back, I read it point for point, and so does my wife (who does the first pass of my edits before we send it off to professional editor).

If its clear cut grammar, syntax, or the like, I just accept it.

If its "Why would Billy Bob do this, it does not seem to fit what the reader would expect here?" then I have to make a call. Was confusion at the point my intention? If so, then I am not going to change it, if not then yeah... needs work.

So it just depends. I am self-pub so I can choose or not choose what I want to do, and my fans will be the judge of my choices, not a publisher. This gives me more leeway to hang myself.
That's pretty much what I do as well. Do you do anything else after that?
Lloyd Tackitt is offline   Reply With Quote