View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Yeah, about that... how are we going to handle translation of an updated guide? In my eyes, it would be senseless to retranslate the whole thing, so we'd need some kind of incremental updates. I have to admit, though, that I have no idea how to set that up.
I had in mind that the translation and the localized updates could be done at the same time. E.G. at the same time that I'm translating the guide I could make one or two comments about the FB2 format which is very common in Spain and which calibre, a US-centric project, doesn't mention at all because FB2 is not common there. Or you, coming from Germany, could take out the Nook's comments because it's not being sold there, like the thing with PDB books. Perhaps in the European lands other brands like Cybook or Pocketbook can be mentioned since they have a firm foot here. I'd say that kind of comments can vary between the different lands. Of course, the functionality of calibre is still the same and it should be kept as it is.

And about the incremental updates... this is supposed to be a quick start guide for the tech-unsavvy. I think the size of the guide should not be much bigger than it is now, if possible. However, it is up to you in a sense. The QSG is a frame, but there should be some autonomy for each individual translator IMO.

Thanks for your interest in the project
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote