View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
What puzzles me is, that no big guy makes decent 10" ebook reader. Academics would tear their hands off, if there would be such a reader.
For the last two weeks i was intesively searching and i also do not have the impression, that there would be no market. Almost every dedicated eReader forum is full about the need for the possiblity of academic reading at 10".

All over the world people are storming the shop of Notion, the indian(!) producer of the Adam Ink. Although the software was not that good and stable and despite all quality and guarantee concerns, people were paying high premiums to get a worse tablet that finally was somehow readable in sunlight! And Pixel Qi is by far not as good as E-Ink...

Could it be that Amazon has recognized the demand for academic reading and therefore stopped the Kindle DX and will the next 10" reader from Amazon fill the niche the two competitors Onyx and PB seem not willing to fill?
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote