View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #50
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
Yes, but all apps sharing a user ID must be signed with the same key Perhaps the actual file permissions can be changed, but then I'd have to make sure they aren't overwritten.
Ahh, I didn't realise that more than one app can share a UID. I had thought that all the Sony apps are different UIDs, but if I look closely I can see for example that reader and netapp both use user ID 10006.

I've set my reader shared prefs file to mode 664, and then changed the default font size and that at least didn't reset the permissions. I'll see if it sticks or gets reset at some stage.

The sledgehammer would be for your app to run as root but that does seem like overkill.

Off topic - there's a pref in the xml called SpreadDirection, set to 0. Does that make any sense to anyone?

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote