Thread: Series metadata
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyMoose View Post
Thanks theducks

That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that after the reconversion and save, I deleted the book from my calibre library.

When reimporting from the saved files, the new .mobi did not have the series information stored in it whereas the .original_mobi did.

This probably wouldn't be such a problem if I used calibre as my library manager rather than just a metedata editor.

Am still very confused about what I am doing wrong
You need do nothing after conversion. It is all done. Ready to send to your reader. The Mobi should contain whatever the Library metadata had at conversion time. (IIRC, you do need it to include a jacket)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote