View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
While Fictionwise probably could have handled this better, it's worth pointing out that BooksOnBoard did send out such an email and have been condemned for scaremongering in order to drive sales ahead of the change.

The fact is that the price increases will not be across the board, and the new model could also see some prices fall. It's all very confusing as it's been driven through by these five publishers at very short notice, probably in order to get the new pricing in place by the time the iPad launches.

Until the dust settles it's not at all clear what the outcome will be, and how the prices will really be affected.

It's also the imposition of sales tax on eBook sales in some states according to this new model that's going to have a significant effect on some stores and catalogues.

Graham
I think that Fictionwise could have alerted customers to ensure that the had the opportunity to download titles if they needed to do so. However the fact that Books on Board did not, indicates that the publisher pulled the books without notice. Either way, customers have likely been disadvantaged by this move from Hatchette. Thankfully all of my books are downloaded and liberated so are still avaialble to me, but I am sure that is not the case for all of Hatchette's customers.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote