View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #30
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by talaivan View Post
I think the problem with the iPhone is that the screen is too small for reading. I have a Nokia N800 and find its backlit screen, which is considerably larger than the iPhone, is just adequate for reading. I alternate using it with an Iliad (which is easier to read but hard to carry around). Still, it would be nice to have something like Mobireader or, better, FBReader -- do they sell iPhones in Russia?
I read ebooks on a Tapwave Zodiac 2 PDA, a Palm OS device with a 320x480 screen. I find it no problem to read on. The screen on the N800 is not that much larger physically, though it is higher resolution. I used to read on a Palm Tuingsten E, with a 320x320 screen, and a Handspring Visor pro, which had a 160x160 mono screen (same size as the E, but half the resolution). I had no problems on those, either.

I wouldn't mind a larger screen, but I don't have problems with the one I have.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote