View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
^ I think the page numbers are great and don't understand why you can't have both. For me, I don't change font sizes or orientation and read on one device. I really like knowing how 'big' this new book is in relation to the one I just finished. Gives me a sense of how long it is going to take me to read - something that is much harder to get with just a percentage.

As far as percentages complete, ibooks doesn't give you a specific number, but you can tell relatively easily by looking at the progress bar - as far as I can tell, each little dot represents 5%.

That said, while I don't have one yet, it looks like the Kindle 3 (all kindles??) show the end location number (the kindle iphone app does not). So, yes, you can use that as your 'page number' and reference for book 'size'.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote