View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #45
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Second edit: THIS IS SOLVED NOW, PLEASE DISREGARD. It turns out that it was a simple table problem, not related to calibre. Many thanks to Jellby!

Hi, I think/ hope my problem is simpler but this thread has the appropriate title: I am using a resource for online books, ultimate aim being to read them on Kindle.
Each chapter of a book is a separate webpage; so I download them all and produce an epub out of them in Sigil.
There are linked footnotes at the end of each chapter ("formerly" webpage) and I could not find any way to have them properly linked with the main text using the .mobi format.

Thus: go for azw3 and the links work... Fine but the problem is that this time the margins become fixed -- thus e.g. the right half of the lines become invisible on Kindle/ or Kindle apps, no reflow at all... None of the different settings I used in calibre (remove fake margins/ ignore margins etc...) enabled me to solve this issue. I suspect that this issue is pretty simple for someone more skillful in using calibre or even Sigil, yet I spent many many hours to solve it to no avail. (The problem applies to every epub created with the html files, not just to one particular book); I would be grateful for any help indeed!
[conversion log example attached]

Edit on the next day: This might be fixed in the epub itself it seems; so I dared to open a new thread and pasted the css content there
Attached Files
File Type: txt conversion log.txt (8.9 KB, 604 views)

Last edited by mrevent; 04-11-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Css linked
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote