View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #86
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
I have not seen many Nooks in the wild yet
I actually hadn't seen any Nooks in the wild (outside of the library and B&N) until yesterday. Lots of people waiting at a specialty medical clinic in Bloomington and everybody had a Nook ST or Glo. That was weird. Probably due to the fire sale.

Quote:
I believe audiobooks (except on CD, of course) mostly have DRM. I'm hopeful that this will change, but I don't really follow the audiobook market.
Yes, all the Audible audiobooks have DRM, but there are several easy ways to get by it for any archival copy that you want (dbPoweramp works on nearly all). Many of my pre-whispersync titles were keepers, such as the Dresden Files, but nobody else in my family is much into audiobooks. So, I just remove DRM on my keepers in case Audible ever removes a title (so far, even if removed from sale, anything you bought remains, but I was a victim of the 1984 debacle at Amazon, so don't trust it.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-21-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote