View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #27
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Ask 20 different people here to compare displays of the various batches, and you'll likely get 30 different answers.

Don't pay attention to the batch number, but to how the screen looks to you.

Anyway, if you must know, then my assumption is that on average, newer batches (i.e., higher numbers) sold shouldn't be worse than older ones.

PS: I have a 501 PW and am perfectly happy with the display.
This.

I also have a 501, a replacement for the one I got originally. While I've never been 'perfectly happy' with it, it was a clear improvement over the first one, and definitely falls in the category of 'good enough' (and in most conditions, it's great). While I'm sure there must be better ones out there, I doubt they are that much better than mine, and I'm not prepared to spend half a day setting up a new kindle that is only 5% better.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote