View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #152
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I guess silly us for assuming the complaints were coming from users ...
Since when are mods not also users? IIRC, a good number of our current mods are simply regular users who've been elevated to modhood for having been exceptionally helpful to others, rather than having some more direct connection to the site like the owners do. And they still participate and post in a lot of discussions without ever donning their mod hats. One day, it may even happen to one of you.

Mind you, I'm glad they've put up further explanation for the motivations behind this move, although given how people generally react to changes on MR I see the cycle of complaints continuing as people continue to complain about the original complaints and then complain about the new complaints*.

Anyway, if the mods think it'll make their unpaid job easier (or just cut down on one vector of frustration while possibly opening up another), they can change whatever they like with my approval, even if they decide to arbitrarily close access to the Deals forum in a rotating manner so that only posters with usernames starting D-G can see what's inside from 3-5 PM PST on every 2nd Wednesday and the rest of us A-C|H-Z peons will have to wait until teatime is over.

Personally, if the affiliate links/not-links are going to cause such kerfuffle, I'm almost tempted to propose that the forum software be changed so that ALL attempted Amazon affiliate links no matter when or where will automatically be altered to provide a referrer-link for ?tag=mobileread-20 instead so that if anyone tries to sneak one in where they think the mods won't see, that 4 cents on the dollar goes directly to supporting MR instead.

Non-affiliate links would still be left as-is.

But that would make extra work for the developers.

* Myself, I am already complaining about all the complaints and expect someone else to shortly complain about my complaint.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote