View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
yelloguy
Enthusiast
yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
@Coops, I have downloaded Fontin and Fontin-Sans. I will try them when I get a chance.

@kartu, the Reader uses the built-in serif and sans-serif fonts for books (and periodicals) with no built-in fonts. Then some books contains Charis and other fonts embedded. In all that is too many fonts and the experience is jarring. On the Kindle, everything is done using the same Font including the UI. It allows you to pick serif or sans-serif but then applies it to everything consistently. Of course since Amazon controls the azw format, they don't have the embedded fonts problem. But my friend says occasionally some other fonts do show up on the Kindle too. So this problem cannot be completely eliminated but can be controlled a little bit.
yelloguy is offline   Reply With Quote