View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I believe that Adobe should not use the ePUB extension for eBooks that have DRM applied. They can do what they want with PDF but ePUB is not their format and they have no right to take it over with ADE based DRM.
Interesting point. I do agree with you that there is a problem and also some confusion.

However I feel the group to blame is not Adobe but IDPF. They are responsible for creating this format and did not do a thorough job.

It was the responsibility of the iDPF:
1- Create a universal ePUB logo.
2- Create a universal DRM solution.
3- Take into account devices with small memory footprints.
4- Create a certifiable ePUB format.

especially if they are claiming its a one size fits all format.

This way it would be clear to any person buying an eBook or buying an eBook Reader that if it sported the ePUB logo it would work.

Right now things are not so bad because Adobe is the only ePUB DRM in town. But enter another company that throws on another DRM solution and now we will have a huge headache on our hands.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote