View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
Gantrioch
Gantrioch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader System, 27 October 2006.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegene
Looking at the Limited Warranty that comes with the Reader, I would presume (since it does not spell it out) that the 1-Yr. parts warranty covers the screen, as the screen is one (and I would say the main) component of the Reader. If the iLiad screen you mentioned was due to a defect, I think that is total BS on iRex's part.

Under the terms where it spells out the terms of Accidental Damage due to Handling (there is a whole bunch of other stuff in the document along with the ADH terms), it says that it "only covers operational or mechnical failure from handling". No coverage for "normal wear and tear", among other things, though. Those two quotes sort of confuse me unfortunately. Guess we really won't know unless someone has bad luck or contacts a Sony rep?
Yes, as much as people like to make fun of Sony, their warranties cover all parts and labor for whatever the period of time stated.

A little story - My mainboard on my VAIO Pocket fritzed while still in warranty. Sony Electronics, San Diego shipped me a postage-paid box, I mailed my unit to them, they replaced, upgraded the firmware so I wouldn't have to again, and tested the mainboard in San Diego, and shipped it back to me in three days. I was very impressed. Quick and easy.
Gantrioch is offline   Reply With Quote