Thread: PRS-650 battery drain
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by clashcityrocker View Post
... I left it charging from a laptop, however the laptop went into standby whilst charging it, in the morning the reader was almost totally drained. I think this backs up this theory that PC connectivity and unmounting/shutdown related.
What happened in this case is that the reader discharged while still connected to the PC. This happens when it's connected, but not receiving any charge. When the laptop went into standby it stopped charging (sending current to the reader), but the reader sensed it was connected and probably tried to communicate with the computer and that is what drained it. Something similar has happened when I used a faulty USB AC adapter.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote