View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by weberr View Post
I need help on using Sharing by email. I have verified that my Kindle Device Management page has my correct email address. And I have verified that calibre has my correct Kindle address. Yet I always get an IOerror message: Failed to send mail: error(10060, 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond')

No problems sending the book via USB.

Can someone explain what I'm missing here?
@weberr - which mail provider are you using - there are security related issues with Gmail that must addressed (in setup I think), and GMX has been intermittently disappearing from domain name servers for the last several months in various locations (the ones I know of in the US and Asia/Pacific).

If you're using either of them, do a search for it (ie 'Gmail' or 'GMX') in the calibre forums and you should find something. If your using GMX you could try another DNS provider or wait a few days. I don't pretend to understand the Gmail issues.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote