View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #12
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo121 View Post
I've done the horrible mistake of turning the WIFI on the device. Now it's downloaded a new version of the OS (without asking me of course) and now every time I move a non-Amazon book from one collection to another I get all kinds of annoying message about syncing my collections
I have 3 Paperwhites and I've dealt with this by deleting the collections on all of them and then syncing and then creating collections on each Paperwhite with unique names. Now, since there is no collection with the same name on any two Paperwhites they don't attempt to synch anything. Problem solved.

It is important, if you do this, to delete the collections and then synch before creating new collections. If you simply rename a collection it renames it on all devices with the same collection name.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote