View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 07:00 AM   #29
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by godel10 View Post
Are you sure? It seems to me that in your calculations there is a US VAT and a UK VAT. You should do the same calculations but without including the US VAT in the initial price.
I'm not sure what you mean with this. What US VAT do you refer to? If you purchase, for instance, from B&H in the US, you're getting charged US$295 no matter where you buy it from overseas (putting aside delivery costs). There is, as far as I'm aware, no US VAT/GST to be deducted.

At that chargeable amount (slightly below the US$299) mentioned, and including the UK VAT (17.5% isn't it?) that it'll get charged on entry into the UK, Harry's estimates seem right on the money to me.

So, at least for my benefit, if you're so willing, you might have to elaborate.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote