Thread: Troubleshooting Indexing
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Indexing

I recently started using my Kindle Touch again after it not having been my main ereader for a while. I updated it with the new firmware that came out the other day (5.3.2). Then I decided that I wanted to store more of my library on their so I loaded a lot of books (~250) from Calibre. After a few hours I noticed the number of books still to index wasn't going down. I left it overnight and the number was the same in the morning.

So then I did a reset and started loading 10 books at a time and waiting for them to index before doing the next batch. I only got to 30 before it was "stuck" again. This time I removed the most recent batch and added them one by one and discovered a particular book that caused the problem. I added another book - fine, another - fine, then a new batch of 12 this time - and it got stuck on 9.

Now this is not a show-stopper but it's a bit of a blow. The books open fine and I have read a couple with no problems, but I do use search and it's annoying not to be able to.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are they known ways to avoid it? or to identify books that might be an issue?

Thanks
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote