View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #5
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
... the pretty picture bites the hand that feeds it.

A recent topic in the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum regarding the Fictionwise offering of The Chambers Dictionary (secured mobipocket... useless for my Kindle or Sony) got me searching for Kindle dictionaries on Amazon.

I got sidetracked by the Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce.

There are 9 Kindle versions.

They all have the exactly same 45 reviews.

Having been bitten before by Amazon's "Anyone with a computer and balls made of brass can publish books" policy (I am sure there is a formal name for this policy... but I like my description better) I do not want to be burned by another poorly formatted, slapped together crap fest. even if it only costs me 95 cents.

How can one know if the kindle version they are purchasing is a labor of love, or a stinking pile of panda poo if all the reviews are for the same theoretical version?

I ask you!

I do not expect an answer.
Whenever I download a "classic" from Amazon, I make sure there is a sample available to see the formatting. Twice I've downloaded something the was crap, and I've gotten my money back from Amazon both times (and left a negative review specifically in reference to Kindle formatting - the last was a Raymond Chandler book).
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote