View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #10
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Looks like the Jetbook is using the interpolation between sub pixels.
I'm fairly sure it uses one sub-pixel at a time for black (leaving you potentially with a one sub-pixel wide colour fringe at the interface between a black and white area of an image).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
It also seems that the pixels are printed angled compared to the ipad where they are in a horizontal/vertical matrix.
I think what you're seeing is a checkerboard pattern where two of the RGBW sub-pixels are more visible than the others in the "white" background areas. For instance if they're arranged like this:
Code:
RG|RG|RG
BW|BW|BW
--------
RG|RG|RG
BW|BW|BW
The blue and green might be most visible, so it would look like this:
Code:
 G| G| G
B |B |B 
--------
 G| G| G
B |B |B
At least that's what I think is going on. Good as my camera is for a point and shoot I still haven't quite resolved the sub-pixels properly yet. I need to try a super macro close up, but then lighting gets difficult.

Edited: Found a diagram here: http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-n...s-color-ePaper

If this is the final layout of the Triton film then I'd guess we really are seeing the Blue and Green sub-pixels.

I'm now itching to buy a cheap USB microscope...

Andrew

Last edited by andyh2000; 02-06-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added picture from web
andyh2000 is online now   Reply With Quote