View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
In order to find a solution, you must first acknowledge that you have a problem.

I don't have a problem. Everything is fine. Perfectly fine.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Just curious, how many books do you guys have in your library?
Technically, I've got at or very near the 1000 mark in free e-books from those time-limited promotional freebies offered in the major stores alone.

But realistically, I've only got at most a low few hundred that I've actually paid real money for, and I don't expect to seriously try and read more than 1% of the freebies at best.

* Despite my habit of picking up freebies almost indiscriminately, I'm actually very, very picky as to what I'll actually shell out real money of my own upon.

I really only buy stuff from authors I trust whose books I know I'll want to read that I haven't already, books I've read and enjoyed already that are on sale, or occasionally make an initial test purchase from new author that may lead to my picking up their other books. And I usually make a point of reading those latter such purchases fairly soon after getting them.

And I'm cheap, so I often also only ever get books during deep discount sales because if a book's available in the library/I already own it in paper, I usually feel I don't need to have my own e-copy unless the price is so low and I like the author/title enough that I might as well, by which time I'll have already read the book anyway, so no TBR issues there.

So far this year I've already finished 26 of the ones I've actually paid for (and did another two dozen or so last year). And some are e-book re-buys of favourite paper titles that were on sale, so I don't feel the need to re-read them quite yet.

I'd estimate my overall read completion ratio for paid e-books currently around 2 out of 5, and that number skewed because I bought a bunch of magazines/anthologies and splurged at Fictionwise last month.

Frankly, my dozen-title library backlog is more worrying, since those are technically commonly-owned books that I should hurry up and finish and return to the general public.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote