View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
Yes, but not every reference says this, and I've seen people arguing on other threads that it's the publishers rather than Apple who instigated this. So it was in my list of things that were interesting about what the article said.

I'm not convinced that it was done to retain one iTunes model. My impression was that Apple mainly wanted to ensure that nobody else sold books cheaper than them (especially Amazon!)
You are correct. Every reference doesn't say this, because there is no proof it is true. We don't know if the publishers were moving towards this anyways-and what role Apple played. But, as JSWolf noted, people need to blame someone.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote