View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Science View Post
What models or brands do you suggest?
Based on my (limited) experience I would recommend Sandisk.

Kobo uses a Sandisk card (class 2 or 4) for its internal storage, and I have used both Sandisk 8GB class 4 and Sandisk Ultra 16GB class 10 with no problems. Class 10 doesn't seem to have much advantage over class 4, but it can make transferring books from computer to reader faster.

The one other card I tried was a Kingston 4GB class 4, I suspect it was the cause of an unusually high battery drain problem I had, but I can't say the problem is with the brand, it might have been a one-off dud or maybe a fake card.

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-18-2013 at 04:33 AM. Reason: fix quote
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote