View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
DesiLinguist
Computational Linguist
DesiLinguist doesn't litterDesiLinguist doesn't litter

Device: iLiad BE, iPhone, Kindle DX
Thanks you for your suggestions, wallcraft and pilotbob. I am reluctant to go with any device other than the kindle (if I actually go through with this) because:

(a) I want the integration between the kindle and the iPhone.
(b) I want the (relatively) cheaper prices and the large amount of content available on the Amazon store.
(c) I want a seamless newspaper and periodical reading experience (which doesn't seem to be available on anything except the kindle).

I have also tried "liberating" Amazon content from my iPhone to my iLiad and while it works relatively well, I just plain don't like the mobi reader on the iLiad because it's very slow and does not have dictionary and highlight support like the kindle does.

I am also thinking that I would use the Kindle when I travel and go to campus like wallcraft did but it does seem like an awful lot of money just to do that. I thought about buying a used K1 but the sharp design is a little off-putting. Also, I don't want to deal with problems with a used device later on whereas with a brand new K2, I get a full year's warranty.

Anyway, just thinking aloud. I would request other members owning a kindle besides another e-book reader to chime in with their routines and experiences.
DesiLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote