View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #44
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
NOWHERE do they say how long the "subscription period" is. And I assume they actually mean "auto-renewal" because I understand each issue is billed at time of delivery. So I'll ONLY KNOW for sure what is happening by watching my credit card activity..
I've had subscriptions on Zinio for a couple of years now, so I will give you my experience...

When you shop for a magazine title, you can buy either a subscription or a single issue. For instance, for National Geographic the subscription for 12 issues is $19.99, and a single issue is $4.99. When you buy a subscription, you are billed $19.99, and won't be billed again until that subscription renews in 12 months. If you have your subscription set on "auto-renew," Zinio will bill your credit card automatically. If you don't have it on auto-renew, they will send you an email when your subscription expires.

You can see your subscription details on your Zinio account page. There you can see how many issues they have already sent on a subscription, how many issues are remaining, and if the subscription is set to auto-renew.

Quote:
Other questions not answered.....
- Can they "take my magazine away" like Amazon can with books that I "buy"? (i.e.: I don't really own it.. I'm "leasing" it.)

They cannot take it off of any device that you have downloaded the issue to. I would assume they can remove it from web viewing if they don't keep it in their archives.

Quote:

- How long does my magazine remain available for download? (1 yr, 100 yrs, forever?)
- How long does my magazine remain available to RE-download? (same as above?)

I just re-downloaded a magazine from Zinio from May 2010. I don't see any issues for any of my magazines missing from the archives.

Quote:

- Does the magazine on my device EVER expire? Is it on my device forever if I don't delete it?

Nope. Not that I can tell. I have magazines that are more than two years old on my device.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 01-25-2013 at 01:58 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote