View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Are you in IT, or something...?
Yup.

Quote:
For many, the presentation and improved interactivity are important, too. You did notice that on the iPhone you get Web-Lite version of these sites, right?
Sure, i noticed that I get the lite-version. But that wouldn't matter, because the goal of a site is to provide info. And I got my info about the newest pixar movie.

Quote:
If you are happy with getting the "lite" versions of all these sites, good on you. But many of us are more discerning in our browsing....

This is really a silly argument. If you have some beef with Flash, turn your plugins off and enjoy your web-lite. But why harp on the rest of the world, which enjoys the Flash experience?
Sure you can enjoy the flash experience if you want. Loading, hovering, sounds and all those things. Whatever rocks your bottle.

I guess it's the same thing as some people enjoys minuscule servings of food because it's some french cuisine kinda thing. Yet most would go for the largest steak.

If the restaurant only wants to serve one type of customers, it's their own right too.
And if flash indeed helps them get their customer's money, it's a good choice.
But for nike, using flash is like putting up a sign in front of your restaurant saying "Only stylish people allowed. Stylish by our standard. All other groups can go elsewhere."

Quote:
BTW, if you actually had Flash, you would have noticed that you can shop on the Nike site, and in a pretty cool way.
I know they have a webshop. But since they don't bother to create one that degrades nicely, I guessed they don't want my money.
But then again, who'd buy Nike directly from Nike themselves. Getting them from the stores would be cheaper.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote