View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #533
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
You sure do have trouble understanding the rules here so let me repeat what a moderator said just a few posts back: "Our posting guidelines clearly state that personally insulting your fellow members is not tolerated." What about "personally insulting" don't you understand???

There is nothing subtle about this code of conduct either. It's pretty much standard on most civil forums throughout the web. It would be a pretty sad day when a person on a forum couldn't criticize a group of people. Your inability to understand this distinction between the general and personal is your problem. And no one is going to change just to accommodate your thin skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Just a clarification...

Personally insulting someone isn't allowed or tolerated. A personal insult would be along the lines of:

"X is an idiot because he bought an iPad."

Bigotry, insulting a class of people (race, purchasers of a product or product line, people that listen to a certain type of music, people that like a certain type of food, etc.) does personally insult people. Saying:

"Everyone that bought an iPad is an idiot"

Is also personally insulting. MR's guidelines make no distinctions between the two.

This warning and the previous warning was directed at any and all forms of insults and rudeness. Stop it now... we close too many threads due to this violation.
Thank you for clarifying. I recognize that I've not always been civil and will make an effort to do better in that regard going forward. I will also report posts that contain bigotry, mentions of sheeple, etc. instead of replying to them.