View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #585
Zlatomip
Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zlatomip , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
Question about backuping Kindle Touch

Hello guys. I'm from Ukraine (so my English is not very good...)).
I'd like to make a full backup of my Kindle... all partitions(mmcblk0p1.bin and 2 and 3 & 4...)... one by one...
but... something I'm doing wrong...
If this is off topic - sorry... i read plenty of pages of this forum... and I still can't find answer... (so please don't ban me.... just give me some urls...).
What I already did:
I connect my Кindle 4 Touch to my network via Wi-Fi (I share internet via Connectify). In Connectify window I can see that Kindle has IP 192.168.6.103.
Using Puty I connect to Kindle (via port 22)... and I see "[root@kindle root]#".
But when I write the commands from Wiki... nothing happens... after some time... i see message time out...
What is the exacly commans I have to write to create the images of partitions? (nc 192.168.6.103 22|dd of=mmcblk0p1.bin - doesn't work)))[in Puty]... and what should I write in search bar on Kindle?
Help me please.

Last edited by Zlatomip; 10-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Zlatomip is offline   Reply With Quote